Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oak Grove Cemetery, West Haven Connecticut



My Grand parents (died 1933) Raymond S. Crowe and Vendell Helen Crowe (died 1938) are buried at Oak Grove Cemetery.

Oakgrove Cemetery is a very old cemetery in Connecticut. I found out that my grandparents did not have a headstone on their graves or marker. I realized that money was not there at the time to buy one. We walked for 1 1/2 hours just trying to find their graves and finally were told by person who was watching the place that they were buried between the two headstones shown on picture by tree. It was a very emotional feeling to be able to finally see where they were buried. I hope to buy headstones for their graves.

SOLDIERS AND SAILORS MONUMENT ERECTED
IN HONOR OF OUR
LOYAL SOLDIERS
AND SAILORS

September 10, 1890
West Haven, Ct. Oakgrove cemetery.

No comments: